Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

12 weeks to go

Ok,
12 weeks or so and counting until Marathon #6. Training continues. I was pleased as punch the other day to discover that the pace I wanted to run at to have a shot at qualifying for Boston was actually 9 seconds per mile SLOWER than I'd been running at! Lucky me. Now this is looking easier than ever.
very pleased.

Why do people try so hard at using the Nautilus machines at the Y? I mean, there's in shape and there's working out, and then there's the folks that for no apparant reason feel they need to lift the largest stack of nautilus weights they can. Why? I guess I'm just more about functional muscule mass, functional weightlifting. Lift to be able to run better, swim better, be a little fitter, but lifting to lift more, leave that to the free weight room, not the nautilus room.

Shoe recommendations:
Mizuno Wave Rider
Mizuno Precision

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home