Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Left foot, Right foot, Left foot, Right foot

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to go out and try and get those precious miles in. Take tonight for example. A great chance for a few miles with a solid possibility of getting rained on. But as the minutes rolled by and the miles ticked past the rain didn't come instead what I got was an evil dose of muggy air. It sucked. It did finally rain with about 400m left in the 10mile run. Weather bastards.

I can't complain though, it was a double workout day for me and the morning session in the pool went better than it has in ages. I am feeling modestly confident that Greenfield will go well this year. Not podium well but better than other years. I need some saddle time though.

The yard, the house, the school work, those have dominated my thoughts and time this year, the runnning has had to come second. It's funny but my slowest marathon this past May has left me with the most consistent pacing all summer long. My 5k times haven't been stellar but the mile splits have been very close to even every time.
Perhaps a case of not-quite-slow-but-certainly-steady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home