Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

$3 a mile

There was a time when I chose my races based on the limit of $3 a mile.
This was a way to battle the ever rising cost of races locally. It seems like such a reasonable limit. Think about it, it's $10 for a 5k, it's $18 for a 10k and a marathon is a bargain at $78!
I ran my first 3 marathons under that limit but after that it's only through very early pre-registration that it's even possible to get that deal. Rates like that are like cheap seats on an airplane.

I think of this because a couple of local races are coming up and I think I'll be able to keep my $3 limit intact. It's pre-reg that will save me.

The rising cost of races has been a big factor in my opting out of as many in recent years. Oh well. Perhaps it will be fewer races run better instead of more races run cheaply.

Marathon training continues to soldier on, its not been easy but it's been good mostly. the heat of summer is upon us and that's slowed me substantially but while the total miles have not added up in any giant way the long runs are there, the middle distance mid-week runs are there and I feel ok about it right now. Talk to me after tomorrow's 20miler. (planned to be flat as much as possible!)

happy running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home