Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Soggy Marathon

Well with just a few days to go before Boston (one word, capitalized), it looks like it's going to be a soggy one and chilly too! This time I'm really sure that I'm glad I'm volunteering. Sure I've got to stand out in the wet/cold for a little while but I'll get my free jacket and then I'll get in my warm dry car and be all done in no time!
I do feel that I'll be inspired to run again though, after the event. I'm getting there.
Jeremy's recent 17:48 is certainly a motivator! Can I get there? Probably not on these old parental legs but I can get down significantly from where I'm at now.
My running buddy is busy packing on the miles on trails. He's entering the Seven Sisters Trail run, a brutal and scenic roller coaster of a run covering the Holyoke Range. 6 out and 6 back with only about 100 feet of flat each way as you cross the porch of the Summit House on Mt. Holyoke.
Not for me this year thanks. Perhaps I'll join him for the return trip, we'll see.

I have settled, I think, on a Marathon plan which is attainable this time. Not a summer one, a fall one, early fall. Do the bulk of my training in the summer and taper when school starts in the fall for a late September run.
Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home