Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Monday, April 02, 2007

To run or not To run

that is the eternal question.
To run or to run from running. I can get out and run a few, I can even perform reasonably well at the local race on the weekend. But I still can't bring myself to string together more than a couple runs in a row. I'd love to stage some dramatic "I'm back" running thing. It happened maybe to my friend this weekend. He pulled away solidly this weekend, it was all I could do to keep him in sight for a while.
I recovered nicely for the last few miles and actually held steady in the race, not falling back too far and actually catching someone in the last mile and a half.
So I could run well again it would seem but when is the question.


So here's the choice.
Marathon A) The run around the lake. 8 loops of about 5k each. Repetitive? probably. Quirky? yep. A summer race which means training could be done in the summer too without work. And it's an evening run which means running in the dark.
Downside? It's a week before the Greenfield Tri, a race I always pretend I'm going to do well in and would like to be prepared for. So do I want a marathon so close before it? It could suck or help maybe?

Marathon B) The DeMar race. A point-to-point race at the end of September in NH. Small field, net downhill (they say). Summer training which could start in the summer and taper as the school year begins again. Downside? Dates might not be good with other fall events, have to check the schedule.

Votes? thoughts? Let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I have to think about this a bit before voting. Being an "old school" citizen type I will, of course, eventually cast my ballot.

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home