Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Tri, Tri, Again

Well,
my annual jaunt around the roads of northern Greenfield has concluded once again. That's right, the Greenfield Triathlon. I have loved this event for many years. It was my introduction to the sport of triathlon and as such has a special place in my race calendar every year. This year however I was in for a surprise as the event was also hosting the Annual USA Triathlon New England Club Championships! Holy Moly did that raise the bar on competition and level of uber-tri-geekness. I felt so ordinary with my Specialized Allez with its Profile Aero bars. Where was my disc wheel? Where were my Zipp Rims?
I did Ok.
My bike was slow as I haven't been out on it for weeks but I survived somehow.
Too many people out on the course trying to race kinda shook me a little I think.
Too much softball perhaps, not enough racing.

I think though, that this event has lost a little of its small town appeal, it's cozyness. It's grown in size and quality to be sure but in doing so it loses some of its closeness. Or maybe it's that I can't compete against the big dogs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home