Miles of musings on the road to Marathon #8. Running, teaching, and bird sightings guaranteed.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Running Hawk

So I was out running in the woods yesterday and I was divebombed by a hawk. I think that it was a Sharp-Shinned variety of hawk but it zoomed by pretty quick and then off into the woods it went. Big one too. Wild to see such a large bird manuver through the branches so well.
No other bird sightings were nearly as remarkable as the Hawk. Interestingly the Eastern Bluebirds were not in their usual fields, but there were swallows near the dairy farm.

Did a nice 21mile bike ride without turning it into anykind of a workout at all. I resisited all urges to go fast or hard. I couldn't even bring myself to go fast downhill. I'm just not feeling the same level of comfort in the saddle this year for some reason. Hopefully some measure of comfort will come back in the next few weeks to let me get in at least a few good rides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home